Thursday 28 October 2010

The Mere-Cat

At the begging o October, I have started using the new Ubuntu 10.10 and here I am going to give you my (late) opinion of it.

I love the new Ubuntu font! I think it really gives Ubuntu some character, and is a lot less boring than the old font. Some of the letters actually remind me of the twit.tv logo!

The backgrounds are getting better and better. Since Karmic Ubuntu has come with very good quality wallpapers, and the Maverick ones are very good.

Overall in the past few months, theming developers have been improving their themes. Many new and cool Ubuntu applications have come out making it have it's own when compared to other Operating Systems.

Now for the not so good stuff. I have been having terrible monitor problem since Maverick, and I am still trying to figure them out.

All in all, Maverick is not as big an update as Karmic of Lucid, but is definitely something worth getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment